Outdoor Recreation and Sports
The Daniel Island area is blessed with so many natural endowments, and with 234 days of sunshine a year, you’ll definitely want to be outside and take advantage of the wonderful weather and beautiful scenery.
Outdoor Activities Include:
Walking/Jogging Paths: There are 12+ miles of walking/jogging trails throughout Daniel Island.
- Isle of Palms http://www.ccprc.com/index.asp?NID=60 (one of the closest beaches to Daniel Island )
- Folly Beach www.ccprc.com/index.asp?NID=61
- Sullivan’s Island, Edisto Beach , Seabrook and Beachwalker Park on Kiawah Island www.ccprc.com/index.asp?NID=59 (Sullivan’s Island is one of the two closest beaches to Daniel Island )
In addition, the Charleston area has more than 50 public parks for you to enjoy. From the Francis Marion National Forest that spans 1000s of acres to the Charleston Waterfront Park which offers park benches, picnic areas & spectacular views of the harbor…you have a lot to select from.
- City of Charleston Recreation Department:
- Charleston County Park and Recreation Department:
- Isle of Palms Recreation Department:
- Mt Pleasant Recreation Department:
- North Charleston Parks and Recreation:
Deep-Sea Fishing: The world famous blackfish banks off Charleston Harbor are accessible for deep-sea enthusiasts via charter as well as head boats. The Gulf Stream is approximately sixty miles off the coast. A popular website concerning Charleston fishing is: http://www.charlestonfishing.com/
If you are interested in Boating & Marinas, please click here:
Below is a PDF outlining the approximate location of some of the parks in Daniel Island (from City of Charleston).