For folks interested in Daniel Island real estate — whether as a primary residence or second home — Beresford Hall is worth checking out. Located off Clements Ferry Road, which is the upper, more rural part of the island, the gated community of Beresford Hall has a recorded history that stretches back to the early 18th century. The creek-side settlement was most recently developed at the end of the 20th century with 200 home sites spread out across 600-plus acres of wooded, wetland and waterfront land. The community’s three subsections, each designed to put forth a unique character, have lots ranging from half an acre to three acres. The master-planned community is very much like a small town with its multiple parks and playgrounds (including a doggie play area), zero-entry swimming pool, community dock with deepwater access, nearly 10 miles of trails, and award-winning community amenity center/pavilion with shared kitchen. The real estate and location combine to create a classic coastal Old South community.
The community is zoned for desirable Berkeley County public schools, including the Daniel Island School for kindergarten through eighth grade and Hanahan High School for ninth through twelfth grade. The closest private high school option is Bishop England.
Despite feeling like a rural enclave surrounded by wildlife and natural beauty, Beresford Hall is very much in the mix of the nearby big-city amenities.
- Distance to Interstate 526 — less than 3 miles
- Distance to closest grocery, Publix — 5 miles
- Distance to Bishop England High School — 5 miles
- Distance to Daniel Island School — 5.5 miles
- Distance to Hanahan High School — 9 miles
- Distance to Tanger Outlets — less than 10 miles
- Distance to Charleston International Airport — 11 miles
- Distance to Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s — 12 miles
- Distance to Sullivans Island beaches — 14 miles
- Distance to downtown Charleston — 15 miles
If you would like a tour or have any questions about Beresford Hall real estate, let Bob Brennaman know. He is a Daniel Island Realtor who can knowledgeably answer your questions about the community and surrounding area.
View Beresford Hall, Daniel Island, SC in a larger map